10.20.2009

thinking about earthquake preparedness

We're still sick, but on the mend. I ultimately got both viruses that were being passed around our home. Now my husband is taking care of me. Our family is still eating chicken noodle soup. I'm surprised by how much we've used over the past week. For some, it was all they could stand to eat. I think I'll need to stock up on more than I had previously thought.

I'm not up to writing a full post today, but thought you might enjoy reading this post from Adventures in Mormonism - Remembering the Loma Prieta Earthquake (1989). If you live in earthquake country, it might give you some ideas about preparedness. This family experienced the earthquake just a few miles from the epicenter.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Hope that everyone feels better soon--so much stuff going around that it's hard to avoid getting sick. Linked to your last post on Campbell's soup on Idaho Preppers--great points about wanting what you're used to when you're not feeling well. Wishing you the best.